• By claiming that at the beginning of January judicial supervision of the children cancer foundation was ordered in the department of the public prosecutor in our programme broadcast on 19 January 2014, Hír Tv gave the false impression that there was a criminal procedure pending in Budapest Chief Prosecutor’s Office in relation to the activity of the Children Cancer Foundation.
• Whereas in reality, the Private Law Department of Budapest Chief Prosecutor’s Office, which is the authority empowered with judicial supervisory competence over the non-governmental organizations, conducts judicial oversight proceedings.
• They falsely claimed in the programme that István Balogh would have declared either earlier or in his statement made for Hír TV that he could not remember how much he had paid for his property.
• The also falsely claimed that with reference to the judicial oversight proceeding conducted by the Public Prosecutor’s Office in 2008 the issue concerning the asset growth of István Balogh.
• They falsely claimed that István Balogh had denied to Index before, that the Children Cancer Foundation was planning to build a hospital.
The court has compelled the television channel to publish the rectified notice in its programme entitled “News” starting at 21 hrs within 8 days of the receipt.
The judgement is appealable.